Total Pageviews

Thursday, February 9, 2012

Sonia Sanchez - Poem at thirty

Poem At Thirty
POEM AT THIRTY it is midnight no magical bewitching hour for me i know only that i am here waiting remembering that once as a child i walked two miles in my sleep. did i know then where i was going? traveling. i'm always traveling. i want to tell you about me about nights on a brown couch when i wrapped my bones in lint and refused to move. no one touches me anymore. father do not send me out among strangers. you you black man stretching scraping the mold from your body. here is my hand. i am not afraid of the night. Sonia Sanchez”


My Interpretation of "Poem at Thirty"
Allusion - "Wrapped my bones in lint" / "Scraping the mold from your body."
Tone - Reminiscent
Imagery - "As a child i walked two miles in my sleep" / "Nights on a brown couch" 
Theme - You can overcome anything. 

No comments:

Post a Comment